Thursday, October 6, 2011

I like pie

I'm going to share an awesome, so easy a caveman can do it recipe with all of you!

You can thank me later.

Blackberry Lemon Pudding Pie

Ingredients:
1 jar Blackberry Preserves
6 oz. Lemon Curd
1 3/4 c. Milk, cold
2 sm. boxes Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 8-oz. container Whipped Topping
1 10" Graham Cracker Pie Crust
Optional: Blackberries, fresh or frozen

* I'm an idiot and got some wrong ingredients, since I didn't write things down. So, instead of vanilla pudding I used cheesecake pudding and instead of the whipped topping I got whipped cream, but I squeezed a whole can in there so I think it was a success. Also, I didn't get the name brand products, because I'm a cheap arse. I just grabbed what was on sale. Lastly, I made the crust because I'm cheap. :)

In a large bowl, mix milk and pudding mix. Beat with a wire whisk for 30 seconds. Stir in the softened curd, then the whipped topping. Pour mixture into prepared pie crust. Chill in the freezer until firm (a few hours). Spread preserves on top of pie. Chill. To serve, garnish with optional blackberries. Makes 8-10 servings.

My non-sweet tooth loving husband LOVES this. So much so that last night he said, "I can't wait for dessert, that pie was great!" Awwww.

If you try it, let me know how it turns out!



1 comment: