Friday, April 22, 2011

A Good Deed for Good Friday: Japan Relief Efforts

I've been a Debbie Downer lately because of my job situation and some things going on at home. However, as much as I've been complaining, I realize that there are others who are far worse that I am. Then I feel guilty for complaining. It's a vicious cycle.
Case in point: Japan. Why am I being all down in the dumps when they are way worse off?!

For some of you that are familiar with SwagBucks, I wanted to introduce you to a great effort. You know those SwagBucks you earn? Well, you can donate them to the relief efforts and they will convert them to money and pass them along to Japan. So if you have a boatload of SwagBucks, you aren't paying a penny! Here is more how to donate directly by using those points. And for those of you who have never joined SwagBucks, I recommend it. Whenever I'm searching for something, I type it in the box. Usually once a day I'll earn a few bucks. I've already cashed some out for Kindle Ebooks. If you join now, enter the code HelpJapan and you will automatically earn 50 SB that can be used towards the effort. The code expires May 2 at 12 pm PT.

Here's more information from the site. "Please consider donating some of your Swag Bucks to our Japan Earthquake & Tsunami Relief Fund. All Swag Bucks we collect will go directly toward donations to All Hands Volunteers, a US-based, 501(c)3 non-profit organization, that provides hands-on assistance to survivors of natural disasters around the world, with maximum impact and minimum bureaucracy."
There is no cost to join and I rarely ever get emails from there. I hope you will take time to donate some SBs, if you have an extras!

1 comment:

  1. An excellent cause, hope things get better for you my friend!

    ReplyDelete