Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This year I plan to.....

1. Learn how to cook.

I really really mean it this year. C leaves for deployment on February 7 and gets back in August. I want to be able to cook a nice meal for him without his help. All by myself. Now I usually start, get frustrated/confused/unsure what to do and either ask for help or give up. Not this year. I plan to cook him one meal a week. I'm afraid if I say month I'll slack. Oh, and the kicker? He eats meat. I don't. This is going to be interesting....

2. Pay off debt.

I hate being poor. I hate being broke. I hate bills. So, if I actively pay off my cards and not use them (gah!) I hope to make a dent with this. I am off to a good start, as I took my credit cards out of my wallet and hid them, so I will be less likely to use them for everday purchases.

3. Limit myself to a budget.

This ties in with number 2. I hope by giving myself something like $50 or so a week and only using cash I will be more likely to not spend and buy whatever the hell I feel like. I honestly think this is going to be the hardest one of all. I am a giant inconsiderate ass when it comes to money. I spend on stupid shit and I have realized that more and more lately. I looked at my receipts the other day and noticed that I buy breakfast and lunch everyday. Really Megan? So I'm going to try to eat at home and make my lunches. This will help me stay on budget and focus.

4. Do more for charity.

I give $10 a month to the ASPCA. I donate clothes, etc. to Goodwill on a monthly basis. However, this year I want to volunteer more. It's hard because I have two jobs and am in the process of obtaining a third. Even something I can do once a month I hope will make a difference.

5. Be more independent.

I love my husband. So much so that I get sad and lonely during the day when he isn't with me. I need to stop being so dependent on him. I appreciate everything he does for me and am so unbelievably grateful, but I need to be able to make decisions on my own sometimes and realize, if it's the wrong decision, it's ok. He will still love me and not be mad. I always call and say, "should I do this or this?" I need to be a big girl and pick one damn it.

My goal is to accomplish all five. Eek! I hope by focusing, buckling down, and really really trying I can do it. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck! I need to adopt a few of these, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I found helps for numbers 2 and 3 is actually leaving some of your credit cards at home, in a safe or something, so that you can't touch them or use them when you're out. Just a thought! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the worst about no. 5. I'm not big on hangin' out alone. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Donating is a huge thing for me, I really need to do more for my community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with your resolutions sweetie!! u can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely working at numbers 2 and 3 as well! Stupid student loans. :)

    ReplyDelete