Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oh Christmas tree....

So I totally signed myself up for this Weddingbee post without reading all the directions. Woops. Anywho, long story short, we are trading Christmas cards. Sounds easy right? The kicker? They are handmade. And we all know how crafty I am, ugh!

I pondered long and hard and debated asking my niece (she is 4) to help. I then decided those three ladies needed something better (hopefully) and I would do my best. And if I failed, my niece doesn't live too far away!

My first card consisted of cardstock and ribbon. That's easy enough!

I know, it still looks like my niece did it, but it's the thought that counts, right?!

If you are crafty you can probably make this better. I am not. And I don't have patience. I suck. Anyway, I cut five pieces of ribbons at five different lengths and assembled to look somewhat like a tree. I then stuck a star on top and a pice of paper on the bottom as the stump. Viola!

The inside is my favorite!

Apparently my phone on my camera can't focus, so it's a little off. It's a bee for Weddingbee, get it? get it? I think I'm hysterical.

And the other card I made had the above bee image and saying on the front and this on the inside.



For this card, it was fairly easy. I first printed out this image:


It took me a few tries because I made the first one itty bitty, woops! Once I adjusted to grown-up size paper, I was set!

The dotted lines are key. What you do is fold on the middle dotted lines, so the image is on the outside. Next, cut along the first set of solid lines, while still folded. You will then fold the cut-out to the dotted lines. Next, push through, like below.

This is what the front will look like.


And this is the back.

Now, you will do the same with each line. Cut, fold, push. At the end, you have a completed pop-out Christmas tree!

I'm not a genius, I totally learned how to make this little number on wikihow. They are the geniuses.

So viola, I attempted to be crafty. And, because I felt bad, I included a recipe. Something I can do is bake, so I knew that would be a success.

If you all feel fiesty and want me to make you a Christmas card, let me know. I won't be offended otherwise. ;)

5 comments:

  1. I love the pop out Christmas tree! So crafty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to try create my own one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both cards look great, the tree is an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT looks fanatastic! But thank goodness you only had to do one! I can barely get the preprinted ones off in the mail, let alone a DIY card :o/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great! I'm not crafty either hehe.

    ReplyDelete