Monday, August 9, 2010

Onesie for a Onesie

For my dear friend Gina's daughter's first bday I decided to make something fun. All babies like onesies right? Especially frilly ones!

I found the tutorial here. Maegan does AMAZING work and I thought I would (attempt) to recreate the look for the bday girl!

Maegan suggested using an old tshirt. I had this skirt that I thought would be fun, so I decided to improvise a little.


Sorry it's so dark, I seriously just found out yesterday that I have flash on my camera phone. Sweet! (Please note, I have had the phone since Apirl. Yea....)

Anywho, I don't have a baby so my measuring skills were off. I contemplated using my cat (he's the size of a small child) as a model, but wasn't sure if that was appropriate. So I guesstimated. I was slightly off. The tush was, let's just say, in the wrong region. Woopsie, sorry little lady!

Here is the final product!


My first attempt at sewing this little onesie was ok. I have some improvements to make, but ultimately I think it's pretty stinkin' cute. Just like the little lady wearing it!

1 comment:

  1. Olivia loves her onesie almost as much as she loves her Megan Emo!!!!

    ReplyDelete