Thursday, May 6, 2010

Stop and smell the roses

So, yesterday was just the kick in the tush that I needed to take a deep breath and put things in perspective. I've been a bridezilla lately. I've been stressed more than I've ever been in my life. I cry for no reason and eat like the food supply on the planet is going bye bye. I'm overwhelmed...

As I was leaving work yesterday I kept forgetting stuff. Having to run back in, do this, do that, go here, go there. It was mayhem. I parked in the 15 minute lot at a store and they took way longer than 15 minutes, so I immediately began to panic. We are broke as a joke and can't afford a ticket, OMG do I get out of line, do I tell them to hurry up, what do I do?! Eek! I didn't get a ticket, so I worried for nothing. Why do I do that?! However, as I left the store, there was a HUGE accident on the road I always take. Had I actually left the store on time and 15 minutes earlier, that could have been me. I immediately began to cry.

I think things happen for a reason. I'm a huge believer in that. I was able to realize yesterday that I need to stop stressing. The wedding will happen as it happens. If something goes aray, oh well. If I keep eating like poo I won't fit in my dress. If I keep stressing it won't help me get my head and mind in order. Wow. Sometimes you do need a wake call to make you see things. The accident also relayed to me that I need to keep up with my faith. I pray, but not nearly as much as I should. I believe in God, but I don't really take the time to sit back and ask Him how he is doing. I need to. And my family and friends. I'm so wrapped up in this wedding that I have lost track of how people are doing. I suck.

Thank you God for not letting that accident be me. I promise to take time to smell the roses each day and, when I get way too stressed, to breathe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment