Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mo' money, mo' money, mo'

Marriage is about the celebration of a couple. The love, the joy, the happiness they share. My question for the wedding industry, if you want everyone (bride, groom, folks) to be happy, why charge an arm and a leg?! Sheesh! So, since receiving our quote for the wedding, I'm now researching new ways of making money, thanks to the Business Pundit. Below are my top choices and my thoughts as to why I think I can excel at these models! :)

1 . "Virtual Farming – Nearly half a million people in China are making money by playing a game, earning gold and selling it to other players with too much time on their hands and a credit card burning in their pocket! The phenomenon that is World of Warcraft, a massively multi-player online role playing game, has spawned some of the most creative ideas for making money. The game’s currency is gold, but a lot of players don’t want to take the time to earn it themselves. So, these people in China, and all over the world, spend their days playing the game, making gold and selling it in the game for actual cash."-- Ummm, hello?! Anyone that knows me knows that I a. LOVE animals, so I can farm like a champ! And 2. I often have too much time on my hands.

2. "Doggles – If there is one thing dogs don’t need, it’s a pair of goggles, but this idea, which got its start online, has made millions of dollars and real stores have opened up all over the world. They took their original idea, of UV protective doggles and continued expanding their product line to include vests, other eyewear and even jewelry. People will spend countless dollars on their pets and this site more than proves it can pay off big time if you have a pet related product or idea."---I'm just mad I didn't think of this myself. I'm a wiz at dressing up Tiger. The other day I put boots on him. Hence, Puss and Boots. Get it?! Coggles. Sounds brillant :)

3. "The Million Dollar Homepage – This is probably the most iconic of all the crazy ideas that have ever been born. This guy decided to set up a site and sell one million pixels for $1 a piece. He got a huge amount of publicity and ended up making his million dollars. He has since gone on to other money making projects."---I'm going to start selling s*&^. I'm clueless as to what a pixel is though.

4. "LuckyWishbone – This has to rank as one of the craziest of all time ideas. Why wait around for thanksgiving when you could get a wishbone whenever you feel like it? This company manufacturers and sells plastic wishbones. They are producing 30,000 of them a month and sales have exceeded one million dollars."---I just bought two :) Pure brillance!

5. "Hungry Pod – Catherine Keane decided to make a business out of loading music on people’s iPod’s and it has paid off big time. She’s making more than $100k a year, after helping out a friend and realizing the kind of market that was out there."---This one makes me mad. I bought my Grandad an ipod and spent four days loading it with books, movies, and music. I could be a gazillionaire by now....

6. "SantaMail – Ok, this one takes advantage of little kids, but you got to hand it to Byron Reese for making millions off of this idea. Parents send him ten bucks and he writes their kids as 'Santa.'"-- Parents, if you're reading this. I'll do it for five. I'll even call. Take that! Oh, and I love cookies.

Any other ideas, send them my way! I'll be a Santa writing farmer loading music in your Ipod. I can see the checks coming!

0 comments:

Post a Comment