Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Baking Gals!

My super fab cousin, Christiana introduced me to Baking Gals awhile back. My hubby deploys all the friggin' time so I thought this would be something fabulous to join!

He made a comment once that really hit home with me. I try to spoil him when he is deployed and send at least one care package a month. However, he said there are some guys and gals out there that don't receive anything. That was it! Not only did I start sending him quadruple of everything to share, but I knew I had to join this organization!

This post is also about baking as well. Those of you that have read some other posts know that I'm not the world's greatest chef. I try, but it usually ends in disaster. However, we did find something I'm great at. BAKING!

My Nana has been telling me for awhile now that I need to make these for C. He doesn't have a huge sweet tooth, so I often don't bake much when he is home for the fear that I will eat everything (this isn't so much a fear as a fact, ugh). Once baking gals said "welcome aboard, get to baking", I knew I had to do this! So I did! And I think it was a successful mission!

Moral of the story? Join Baking Gals. You not only help a guy or gal overseas out, but you also learn a little something about yourself. That you can bake like a champ, yo!

Before cooking. It looked like a hot, delicious mess of goodness. Yummmm. Oh, and something else...Unsweeted baking chocolate tastes awful.
Not too shabby if I may say so myself! Perhaps I should have tried a bite to make sure it was edible??

Tastes like heaven :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I loveee baking, I may just have to join! And with the whole bake then eat the whole thing bc the man doesn't eat too many sweets? Yea. Totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO sweet of you and that looks awfully yummy!

    ReplyDelete