Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm a superhero!

So, it all began one night a friend's house. She was having a small get together and I was feeling in a wine mood. Why not, sitting out on the deck, overlooking the water, good friends, a bottle of wine...priceless. So my genius self, who doesn't know jack crap about wine (that's what I've got the soon to be hubby for lol!) picked a wine because it "was pretty." Later, to my dismay, I realized "pretty" is not why you pick a wine. This story gets better, I promise.

While drinking my said bottle of wine, I realize that my friend's fiance (who also had a bottle of wine, but chose it based on the vineyard, blah, blah, blah *insert Charlie Brown's teacher's voice here*), was getting surprisingly drunker by the minute. Now, I'm a girl who, with one beer, is falling and can't put a sentence together, so I'm thinking, stone sober, man, I'm a freakin' superhero! I have somehow found the bottle of wine that will not make you drunk! Woohoo! I rule the school!

Come to find out, as I drove my sober butt home and woke up without the illusive "wine headache" that, while getting a call from my friend, the bottle of wine contained 0% alcohol.

I suck.

Moral of the story...Pretty wine is a doozy :)

1 comment: